Saturday, June 29, 2013

Panamá !

Good morning, afternoon or night, ladies and gents !!
 
Here I am, back on track, abroad again, a foreigner enjoying being elsewhere. For frenchies, a friend of mine once told me : "Mais tu sais mieux que moi ce qu’être vraiment voyageur veut dire : peut-être appartenir à un ailleurs lorsqu’on est encore quelque part."
 
So, what's up ? I finally found some work here, in Panamá, thanks to a friend of mine who had already worked a few years in Latinamérica. Younglings, listen to ol'Tyl : network is DA way to get in business. Whichever business it is. Without it, you'll struggle a lot. With it, you'll go faster, further and better. Mark my words : it's in terms of statistics, of course. Nul n'est à l'abri d'un miracle. But getting along well with people you have or might work some day saves your ace. And if it doesn't... Well. At least you'll have been nice to someone at some point ☺ So here it is : do not neglect your peers, mates, colleagues, and other human beings around you, first because you might be thanked at some point, and you'll find more hands to help you, more shoulders to rely on and more hearts to listen to you ; and second : because being benevolent is the future of this world.

This is it. Enough of moralistic stuff, you're not here for this, are you ? Oh, are you ? Well a last thing then : do not machiavelize the development of your network. Do not expect a fair "return on investment" because it's about human beings and not maths. People you're nice with will be more eager to be nice to you if they have the chance to. And once again, they will probably not do your work instead of you, but more likely unlock doors, point at a direction, lighten a path. The rest of the effort is yours. And don't forget to be much obliged. Win-win !!!

This time I'm done. I'm only my age old, and I might be not the best advice ever. But this is how I feel right now : thankful and grateful. I chose a path that this friend showed me and helped me put a foot on, and the rest of the walk was mine. Without her, I wouldn't be here. Without myself neither. This path meant a lot of sacrifice. By all means, as we say in Spain "Vivir es Elegir" (living is chosing), and the essence of a choice is sacrifice. Sacrifice because chosing a path means leaving the one you were on. More, you chose not to take the other one. It's a double mourn to make. Thus, yes it was a sacrifice. I am happy now, I am proud to be where I am, and thankful to all the people who helped me through. Nevertheless, I still feel what I lost, what I put aside for some time,  and I am aware of the things this choice took. Vivir es Elegir.

Well. Now I'm done I swear. You wanted pictures, didn't you ? Sorry to disappoint, but I haven't any. Yet. Because I arrived at midnight yesterday, having slept 3h on a plane, in 2 days and 14h trip, and one of my luggage haven't arrived yet. Sooo, taking my camera with me and start shooting an unknown place wasn't the first thing I had in mind.

OK, OK, I admit, I took a couple of pictures, here you go.

My corridor 

My bathroom 

My bedroom

Yes I know, you all wish I had shown pictures of white beach and blue sky, of smiling people and strange animals, exotic flowers and tropical trees and stuff. Not yet. The time will come ☺

Anyway ; I'm always very happy to see you here, don't hesitate to leave a comment, a correction, a question, or whatever comes through your mind !

Yours,

3 comments:

  1. Google translate is not very helpful with
    "Mais tu sais mieux que moi ce qu’être vraiment voyageur veut dire : peut-être appartenir à un ailleurs lorsqu’on est encore quelque part."

    Help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "But you know better than I do what being a true traveller means : maybe belonging to an elsewhere while still being somewhere". ... sounds almost as good as in French ! Happy to help :)

      Delete