Saturday, October 12, 2013

Coiba


Good morning, afternoon, evening, night, whatever it might be, folks !!

Here is the excitedly-expected article about my life in Panamá. I was about to use "trip to Panamá", but, as a matter of fact, this is not a "trip". But ! I'm traveling when I can, and when I do, I also write articles about it. I don't have that much of oportunities of neither of both, but luckily enough, the weather outside is so amazingly stormy that I took the time to tell my beloved followers a bit about my last destination : Coiba.

Coiba is here :



On the southern side of Central America, the Panamá-belonging island is bathed by the Pacific ocean and hence is beautiful, warm, humid, sunny, rainy, white-sanded-beached and turquoise-watered-looking.

The trip was planned to celebrate the 3 birthdays of the weekend : 26th, 27th and 28th of september. We were 31 people. Here is how the trip was :
- 2am, bus to Santa Catalina, the "port" where you can take a lancha to the island
- 8am, we arrived there, and started loading food, sound system and stuff on the boats
- 9am, we embarked on the lancha
- 11am, we stepped on Coiba's rivers and started to enjoy the place.

Don't worry, I'm not going to describe everything par le menu because I assume you don't give a duck about it, so... here are the pictures !! Enjoy !


First arrived, first served ! Hamacs is an awesome combo with white sand beaches... And coconut trees. And exhausting 8hr-trip.

 

Typical...
 


Take care of coconuts. A friend of mine who lived a few months in Thaiti told me that there were more deaths because of coconuts than sharks. If you plan to touristize a coconutted place, don't ever sleep under a tree. The 5+ meters fall of a coconut over your sleepy head can be deadly. I saw a few of them falling and ... I think it must hurt a fricking lot.

 
Vultures. Kind of.

 
 
Badass bird, I can tell you that. Chasing each others, wings wide opened, screaming.


Red bird.

 
Red bird reloaded.



Red bird revolutions.


 
 Comparing those birds, vultures and red ones, I realize how strange it must be, to see someone from the same kind of yours, but a few dozen times bigger. I mean, they're not the same species, but well, they both fly, have feathers and a beak. One is 1m wide and the other 20cm. That's all.
 
 
How many people ate on this animal ?

 
Aaaah, the famous lancha... Imagine 1h30 trip on this !!!

 
Some beautiful nature morte, dead coral on the beach... The same former thaitian friend taught me that since they're on the beach, they're dead. Makes sense...

 
Ah. The Captain Crabs. A looooooot of them. Like, "a lot".







They seem to enjoy crackers. With the light I had there, it really looked like a ball of fire, or something about to explode. Look :

 









The day after the birthday party (no pictures, what happens in Coiba stays in Coiba. And of Facebook, I guess we have to deal with it... :-]

So we took another lancha and headed to another island I forgot the name of. We had some snorkeling fun there, seeing underwater rugs of living corals, waterturtles (I touched one of theeeem !! and then gave her a medusa-looking plastic bag to eat).

Here are a few pictures of the arrival on this second island :

 
 
 

 
The weather was not THAT amazing. To be honest it rained like hell. So to protect ourselves from the cold, we dived in the see, which was far warmer than the rain. Strange and unenjoyable experience, the heavy rain without shelter... You juste can't do nothing but wait for it to stop. In bathing suit. Duh.

 
Among all the animals we saw, we had some lizards. Not that afraid of the human proximity, they wandered here and there, looking for food, fruits, ankles. Cutie-cutiiiie !! 
 
 
 
 
F*ck it, it's another damn white-skinned-pictures-food-less-taking tourist, I'm gone.
 
And spiders. Just for you to know, the second after I took the picture, this bitch jumped on my camera. Chasing spiders, don't mess with'em.

 
I don't know what happened to this herb. Must have been ageing... 
 

This is all for today people !!!
I have another trip to tell you about, but it will wait for the next weekend. Now I have to celebrate Thanksgiving with my neighbour. Yay !!

No comments:

Post a Comment